To find our church:
From the Boston Bridge (Rt. 48 S) go up the hill toward the country club and bear right on Greenock-Buena Vista Rd. The church is about 1/4 mile down on the right.
The Mount Vernon Community Presbyterian Church was established in 1868, when a group of farmers, craftspeople, miners and professionals petitioned the Redstone Presbytery to be granted a charter.
During the early 1930's until the early 1950's, the church was yoked with the Sutersville Presbyterian Church. During the 1950's, the church was petitioned to become a "Community Church." We are now a part of the Pittsburgh Presbytery, Presbyterian Church, U.S.A.